Monday, June 22, 2009

sooo...
I wrote these poems this morning at about 4:00

Drowning Rain -- 22/6/2009

I realize that my lungs are full of fire.
Unable to stand the pain,
these flames unquenchable.
I exhale: that short gasping breath of desire.
I want to breathe air.
No more of this drowning rain.
Slowly, I find hope in fantasy, life in distraction,
But to believe that, I was a fool,
in this life so unfair.
I should have never expected satisfaction.

Shards of a Heart -- 22/6/2009
I tear myself open, hoping, expecting to find
Something normal, something whole.
But instead, as my blunt fingernails dig through
The skin, pry my ribs apart, I find
Only fragments of something wholly unfamiliar.
There's no use trying to put it back
Together, and it's not even worth it. I scoop the
Wreckage back into my chest, along with
The filth it has gathered during its inspection and
Attempts at recovery. It will continue to
Eat away at my breast, its shards driving deep.

Mist --22/6/2009
A silent creeping mist stalks across
The ground from tree to tree, pooling in
Hollows, fleeing from hummocks.

It steals under my eyelids, slips
Under my eyeballs into my welcoming
Brain. To the world at large I whisper,

"goodbye..."


0 comments: